Monday, February 16, 2009

Think warm... think warm....

I'm becoming a nasty, irritable, often-mean person, and I think I've discovered the cause.
This office is freezing.
It must be frying the 'nice' brain cells, because all I can do now is gripe and whine. The air conditioning was on last Friday. Let me state that again.
THE AC WAS ON while it was 32 degrees outside.
I can adjust the heat, yes, but it doesn't matter; the lobby is situated in the exact wrong place to receive any heat, while the people who don't want hot air get too much.
Arrrggghh.
I'm going to start wearing my winter parka here at my desk, and see if anything changes.
On a lighter note, something that makes me happy and forget all about the sub-zero temps: a music video that reinforces two things:
Yeah, I do kind of love the 80s.... and I have a weakness for skinny guys with insane hair.



Also: I'm starting to think this is a wheat allergy, not a soy allergy. I'd like someone to just give me a list of what I can and can not eat. That would be great.

4 comments:

editor said...

The one nasty thing about Langenscheidt language dictionaries: they couldn't be bothered to make the "L" in their logo even SEEM like it was centered. Just look at it!

Sabrina said...

I guess they figured since it's such a small book, no one would notice.
Not so, dictionary people!!

Amber said...

Below are 3 websites. Hope your allergy isn't overly severe. I know folks who have sensitivities & do quite well. I've also known some who had celiac's but were also ok once they learned about proper diet. We are fortunate nowadays to have many options in food.

http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/allergy/wheat.html

***

http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/resourcespre.php?id=52

***

http://www.foodintol.com/wheat.asp

Sabrina said...

Oh, thanks very much Amber. I like the first website especially.
I guess someone -has- given me a list of things I can eat. LOL. :)